The Animal Conservation Strategy evaluates companies that in the normal course of their business disrupt the habitats of wild animals. Habitat destruction is the leading cause of biodiversity loss. Karner Blue Capital seeks to invest in companies that actively engage in strategies designed to avoid, limit or remediate the animal habitats disrupted by their operations.
Karner Blue Capital’s Animal Conservation Strategy evaluates corporate conduct that affects natural animal habitats. Depending on the industry, KBC evaluates companies that have established policies and practices on some or all of
- Thorough land considerations via risk and environmental impact assessment
- The mapping and monitoring of sensitive areas and endangered species that possess high biodiversity value
- Mitigation measures to ensure any unnecessary degradation of animal habitats
- Effective conservation and reforestation efforts during and after operations close
- Transparent and definitive supply chains with accreditation where possible
- Sustainable waste and water management plans
PORTFOLIO BY INDUSTRY ALLOCATION
The following graphs provide an overview of the KBC Animal Conservation Global Strategy by industry, market capitalization and geographic region. This strategy is also available as a U.S.-only strategy and a global strategy that focuses exclusively on those companies that are animal welfare leaders in their industries.